Things to do in Birmingham
Our hotel is located in the center of the Homewood neighborhood convenient to many exciting things to do in Birmingham. Enjoy easy access to downtown Birmingham, just 3.5 miles away using either US-31 or US HWY 280. Our location puts us right in the middle of the trendy Soho Square development, featuring locally owned restaurants and shops in Homewood, Aloft Birmingham Soho Square is the place to see and be seen. Zip on over to the University of Alabama - Birmingham or Samford University to catch a quick game, or grab the family and head over to the Birmingham Zoo, just 1.5 miles away, for a day of fun.
- Michael's Steaks & Seafood (on-site) - Enjoy hand-cut prime steaks, seafood specialties, and the legendary Original Steer Butt Steak at Birmingham's premier steakhouse.
- Soho Square (less than .5 miles) - Walk across the street and spend the day shopping, dining, and bar hopping at these chic locally owned shops and eateries.
- Avondale Brewing Company (4.2 miles) - Enjoy a local craft beer with family or friends at the Avondale Brewing Company, located in the historic area of Avondale.
- Barber Motorsports Museum (18.9 miles) - Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum has over 1200 vintage and modern motorcycles, and the largest collection of Lotus cars. These bikes range from 1902 to current-year production. The museum is adjacent to Barber Motorsports Park, a world class 2.3 mile road course.
- Birmingham Barons (4.0 miles) - The Birmingham Barons are a minor league baseball team based in Birmingham, Alabama. The team, which plays in the Southern League, is the Double-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox major-league club.
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens (1.9 miles) - The Birmingham Botanical Gardens is Alabama’s largest living museum with more than 10,000 different plants. The Botanical Gardens are open daily and offer free admission.
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute (4.5 miles) - The Birmingham Civil Rights Institute reveals slices of black and white life in Alabama from the late 1800s to the present. A series of galleries tell the story of daily life for African-Americans and how dramatically different it was.
- Birmingham Zoo (1.5 miles) - The Birmingham Zoo is home to approximately 750 animals across 122-acres. The zoo includes sea lions, kangaroos, elephants, and endangered species from six continents.
- Cahaba Brewing Company (2.7 miles) - Try a unique beer experience at Cahaba Brewery. Guests can taste a variety of beers at the tasting room and learn about the creation process in a brewery tour.
- Good People Brewing Company (4.0 miles) - Visit Good People Brewery for a great selection of craft beers, which feature five year-round and four seasonal brews.
- McWane Science Center (3.7 miles) - The McWane Science Center is four floors of hands-on exhibits and an IMAX Dome Theatre. Play tunes with your feet on the Giant Piano, and learn about gravity with a daring ride on the high cycle. Pet the sharks and stingrays and check out the Zoetrope for visual illusions of motion from still pictures.
- Vulcan Park and Museum (1.1 miles) - Vulcan is the world’s largest cast iron statue, made of 100,000 pounds of iron. Vulcan stands at 56 feet tall on top of Red Mountain, overlooking the city of Birmingham.
- Vitalogy Wellness (0.3 miles) Relax for a day of pampering at the Vitalogy Wellness spa. Guests can enjoy an array of spa services, like facials, massages, and nail services at the center located within walking distance of our hotel.
- Samford University (2.6 miles) - This private university is home to over 5,000 students and was first established in 1841 as Howard College.
- University of Alabama - Birmingham (1.7 miles) - UAB is Alabama's largest employer and is well known for being one of the largest medical academic centers in the U.S.